Tuesday, November 3, 2009

President Obama comes to Madison

The police that are to lead the motorcade posed for photos with the president's car.


Today as I was leaving work...I watched 9 motorcycles, 2 SUV's, 2 limos, and a truck going down the road to a local base..
My co-worker and I went along...to find out that President Obama was coming to our airbase! We had the opportunity to see the vehicles, meet the limo drivers and learn some history about the cars and drivers. The President never spends more the 30 minutes in the car. They fly if the drive is to be longer. The car is like a tank..the doors are massively thick! The drivers are all big guys because they have door detail and they have to be strong to open the doors! The limo drivers also gave us some prints of the limo outside the White House. All the stuff and all 5 cars are brought in by cargo plane. It was a great experience! And with a lot of luck and and maybe some quiet blending in...I might get photo of the president! Cross your fingers for me!


No comments: